PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ***warning***
Thread: ***warning***
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2006, 16:37
Scurvy.D.Dog
I'm in one of those moods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I assume there has been a trigger/s for the bollocking and removal of a large amount of the historical thread data in this place.
I ask this:- Why would any participants (legitimate/spotters/goons) spend their time putting a view in this place if it is to disappear from the record? …. or is that what this is really about??
With that in mind:-
- Is there an opportunity to moderate (newbie’s and the irresponsible fringe troublemakers) before a post is visible to all?
- Is it possible to give new people a 100 post learner’s permit before they earn normal posting status?
- Is it possible to bust people back to P’s for inappropriate posts?
I understand that may involve more surveillance work, perhaps there are others who might be able to contribute to the moderation function and spread the load?!
Thing is, many of us have spent years journalising the issues including the controversial airspace debates, all of which appears to have disappeared o/nite! …. makes all of that input from us (that presumably provides income for you) seem hardly worthwhile – particularly if it meant doing it all again!
The issue (I assume) is moderating the destructive hull vibrations … We all understand (I hope) that to be credible whilst anonymous requires some decorum with factual and supportable comment! …. the basic rule is simple …. No Porkies!!
… individuals are entitled to a view (even satire) as long as it is founded in a ‘belief’ (oh no not that word again ) …. Deliberate misinformation is not!
Regarding the ‘insular aussies’ slur … without knowing what prompted you to select wide spray and blast D&G participants, I am still perplexed by the generality of your ‘loose off’.
Given the number of big issues discussed and resolved in this place, I would have thought that our participation (whether it suits your argument or not C H ) would be something you would approve of?! A public forum invites participation (we all come back to see what’s cookin’ ), without that participation it is effectively nothing... sure there are problem children (I reflect that comment ) that need their ears pulled from time to time .. generally though Aussies and K.1.W.1’s will speak their minds both here and in person by name in a spirited and forthright manner … wouldn’t the world be a better place if people said what they actually thought rather than what they think others want them to say??
… without the ‘melting pot’ .. no one would bother! ….. and be buggered if I am ever gunna’ settle for being a facsimile of western conservatism!!
Too many times individuals on here have tried to use this site for their own personal agendas
… ermm isn’t that what its for …. Agendas/issues??
and been oh-so-brave insulting others when we all know that they'd never use such language or allegations if they were face to face with their target.
.. from what I have seen in this place, insults are a response to a perceived wrong doing! Is it therefore wrong to express a return view in kind??
Geographically arranged forums are logical and user friendly as others have pointed out. To consider removing D&G (even thought there are other geographically arranged forums within, and more specific company based forums) and dissolving content into the other forums smacks of a desire (from some quarters) to rid PPRuNe of the frank and effective nature of the OZ/NZ forums.
If there is heat in the kitchen …. it surely means the forum is working!!!
I am not particularly thrilled with the prospect of trolling through other forums including POM (or POHM as the case may be ) ‘professional’ pilots subjects (containing mostly dry and boring waffle …. back at ya), whilst looking for relevant (to me) discussion.
In my case, unless the subject matter affects ATC, or OZ/NZ flying/pilot (as I fly privately) and related subjects, there is little point me visiting here other than for an occasional glancing giggle. Diluted forums (of any ilk) become attractive only in so far as providing a distraction from pulling ones fingernails out with pliers!
…. as for the pecking order …I wrongly assumed we were all here to participate on an equal footing for your benefit and ours!
That said, given your generous (although not entirely altruistic) allowance of discussion of all manner of subjects (mostly aviation related) in the OZ/NZ forums, and the fine job the Woomera have done in difficult circumstances, I feel a large degree of loyalty and support for you and the team! .. I wait and hope that commonsense wins the day!
If it is your desire (for whatever reason) to rid PPRuNe of the unique and robust nature of D&G in favour of the stereo typical politically correct Euro/western mould … I fear, as do others, that the essence of D&G would be lost. Many (including most of the non-participating) readers would ‘set course’ out of here!
Sure the discussions would invariably end up elsewhere in cyberspace, but in the end what does that ‘scrambling’ achieve for you or us?
….. I sure as hell know who would benefit!
Let’s leave the insular insinuations to one side and get to the nub …. Find a fix and grow one of the best resources our industry has!
Regards
Dog