PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC bashing on African Pilot web site
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2006, 16:24
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought I would get a rise out of someone when I mentioned that JNB is only Class "C". I now understand that the pi55ing contest could be as a result of it not ONLY being Class C., it appears to be overworked and probably should be upgraded to Class "B"

I realize that costs money and requires more technical staff which dont seem to be found in abundance that far down the continent.
But consider how much nicer it would be as the restrictions would eliminate a lot of unnecessary traffic and the load on all those using the airport would be decreased. Rand ,which is in close promity, would also not necessarily be in Class "B" so operations would run a bit smoother, with seperate procedures.

I work in one daily and in Helicopters alone we have nearly 350 takeoffs and landings daily. Consider also the hundreds of Corporate jets and the hundreds of Airline cycles daily. And all with less confusion than we have on this thread.

I may be a bit off as I am not addressing the "journalism" side, but consider where the problem comes from.

Last edited by B Sousa; 14th Sep 2006 at 16:37.