PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excel Airways
Thread: Excel Airways
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2006, 16:03
bushbolox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by saddest aviator
If Excel Airways last the winter in its current form I would be very suprised. I have a close friend who is so close to resignation one last push is all that it will take. I dont work for them thank god but talking at length to him over a few beers he paints a very sad story.
The 76/75 fleets are old and therefore require high maintenance input.
The 737 pilots who make up the management want to rewrite the boeing book on how to do etops, consider that all the 75/76 crews are basically cowboys who have to be brought back into line and made professional aviators.
The crewing department lack experience and spend most of their time firefighting
The blame culture is highly developed, read from that what you will.
The pilot management completely lacks any direction and any sort of leadership skill what ever.
As a pilot who once worked for a similar organization I could only advise my friend to get out before the whole organization implodes.
I HOPE HE HEEDS MY ADVICE
Harsh words and still heresay. I feel the need to redress the balance somewhat.

I recently left xl for resons other than the above.
True the 756 are a pile of sh1te. That is one of the root causes of roster instability .
SOME of the 756 crews refuse to operate to sop. They know better..."when I was in etc etc etc." Know all prima donnas who struggle to conform to any reasonable request, and insome cases down right in breach of the ano as enshrined in the ops manual.....because they know better. All of this came from AAE not Excel. A vocal minority from that comapny seem oblivious to the fact that the gripes mentioned above are all directly linked to the problems that were basically AAE. The I will resign gang are in many cases are the same " when I was at Britannia" type. Well why arent you stil there.?Were they wrong too?

To cut it short(ish)... Most of the problems mentioned above at excel are inherited and as one who was their from the begining they are directly proportionate to the increase in inolvemnent of the frankenstein AAE. There are many good people from both companies at excel but a vocal minority of itinerant job hoppers on all fleets paint a bleak picture. There are problems , this year was pretty bad , no arguement there, however o those of you thinking of joining the original ethos is still there just swamped by a bunch of gippos (vocal minority) who believe their pathetic resignation threats or indeed acts are a worthy bargaining tool. Wake up call fellahs its a godsend to HR. There are many a less bitter and twisted candidate out there than the alleged hard done to friends. A bit of fresh blood to dilute the whinging AAE transient knowalls will do XL the world of good.
I aplogise unreservedly to those at XL (ex aae) who are trying to make it work. Like I said vocal minority.
PS I wasnt management just a line pilot.Gone on to different things