PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baby Wipes? What's the problem with those?
Old 14th Sep 2006, 12:14
avgas321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An apology...

Slopey....

I feel as though I, and my wee family, are entirely to blame for your inconvenience. Let me expalin.

While also travelling through Edinburgh last week, I fear as though I may have come across the understandably grumpy security lassie too, and darkened her mood further!

We made similar mistakes. In our rush to escape for a warmer climate, we too packed baby creams, pre made SMA Gold and the dreaded baby wipes. Immediately after transitting the security machines and while in the midst of trying to get my belt and shoes back on in the right places, the surly one was already dismantling our baby bag.

The creams - an absolute no no, so off they went to be resold or more likely be at the centre of a controlled explosion.

The milk - obviously one of us had to drink these, so a big thank you to my wife as I find it tastes bloody awful. Although slightly aggrieved at this as it had been painstakingly sterilized etc, I do kinda understand this bit.

The wipes - after looking at them suspiciously, we were told out of the entire, brand new, unopened pack, that we were only allowed to take 4, four, yes //// wipes on board. Now then, Having been up very early to hustle a wife, a 2 and a half year old girl, and a 3 month old son out of the door is no easy task at the best of times, so admittedly, I was a little tired and maybe a tad grumpy myself. No excuse, but a reason for the sarcasm that followed. I enquired why and was told 'I dont make the rules sir, I only enforce them' which further got my back up. Something to do with the amount of liquid they hold blah blah blah. 'Bloody good job they're not let near children then as they appear to be so alarmingly dangerous, eh?' I muttered, walking away realising I had my shoes on the wrong feet and my trousers were falling down, while she mentioned something about a supervisor.

Dont get me wrong, I understand they're only doing a job, but there appears to be no consistency between the UK airports. As someone has already previously mentioned, we also transitted another airport, Gatwick, with the security staff checking what we had and letting us go through with everything in tact while cooing (a little too much!) over our kids. They have their mothers good looks!

Anyway, thank you for giving me the opportunity to bore you with my story, as I feel much better now, and I apologise again!