PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilots refuse shoe security check
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2006, 11:36
Lord Lucan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twiggs,

These fanciful scenarios with pilot seductions and shoe substitutions belong in airport novels, not in planning airport security.

All these poeple who are outraged by so-called pilot arrogance just do not get the point.

First - Airport security is a joke. It is a let's pretend show. An illusion. Anyone who works airside knows this and knows ways that circumvent security when it gets to be more obnoxious than usual. Even now I imagine UK airport workers have developed sophisticated scams to get their currys airside.

Second - Pilots do not need a penknife, nail clippers or a bottle of water to miss-use an airplane. The can do it any time they damn well chose. They could do it nekkid if they had to.

Personally, I never give security a hard time, other than the odd muttering when having to remove my shoes again. However, I think the whole thing is expensive timewasting nonsense, and I avoid it whenever I can. Does this make me arrogant, or does it just show I am better informed and have a realistic view or the current situation.