PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. vs. European dispatching
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2001, 02:25
no sig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yasser
I was refering to the last paragraph of your provocative posting.

Tis true we do not have a FOO/Dispatcher licence in the UK, this stems from a wide varity of reasons, not least of which, we do not have a set of regulations which require it.

But for those in the UK who might be interetsed, take a look on the UK CAA website under FODCOM 9/2001 (Flight Ops Communication). The UK CAA are proposing a change to CAP 360 requiring operators to adopt a training standard for flight operations officer which conforms to ICAO Doc 7192 D3, Training Syllabus for Flight Operations Officers/Dispatchers, this is to be included in Part D of the Ops Manual. Not sure how this will impact upon JAROPS operators in the UK.

For those of you who are not familiar with the ICAO FOO Syllabus versus FAA Dispacther licence, I can tell you that in general terms the ICAO course content is superior to the FAA in that it provids for a much broader knowledge base in flight ops studies.

Now before you get on your high horses on my last comment, please don't get me wrong, the FAA licence is a good ticket, but for operators who are flying outside of the USA, you'd do better with the ICAO course in my view.