PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will CX take Direct Entry F/Os in Pax Fleet
Old 14th Sep 2006, 06:56
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think the DEPFO is necessary. It certainly won't be put to use in Australia. The reason they say the first DEPFO will be in Oz is because that region's proposed pay scale is only marginally below the current pax scale. Australia is taking the least hit on pay from current pax pay.

The base region that will see the most DEPFO recriutment is North America. That is where the pay scale is the ****tiest. Its like the old trick of "look at this hand, I'm gonna do something with this hand...." then they punch you with the other hand right in the face.

Don't be fooled! These proposals affect EVERYBODY. No one is spared. It is like a cancer. It does not discriminate; It might not affect you now, but it will kill you in the end when it spreads and grows big enough. If you vote for this piece of ****t proposal, you will be bitching and moaning a few years from now wondering why the company wants to bring your pay down to C scale terms, just for the sake of "commonality".

That is the best reason they could come up with for this proposed pay scale - commonality. They claim this will bring all the other bases in line in regards to pay increases and percentages according to rank. I got an idea...why don't you bring the low bases up instead of lowering the rest?? That would bring the bases in line with industry standard, which is a much more resonable aim for a world airline.

Learn from the past, don't immitate it. Protect your young, they are the future. As corny as that sounds, it really does apply.

If you start pissing in the pool at one end, eventually the water will taste funny and warm at the other end. Vote NO!!!