PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ***warning***
Thread: ***warning***
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2006, 04:02
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny

I know this is your train set and you are allowed to play with it the way you want but may I respectfully point out that this corner of Pprune was specifically set up so it could be:

An independent family of forums covering all aspects of the Australian/NZ aviation scene.
As I’m sure you know this is taken straight from the entry header to these forums. While I agree that some here need to clean up their act, forcing us to other more general areas of Pprune will result in you loosing a very large number of valuable Australian and New Zealand members.

It has long been accepted by us and stated by the moderators of this forum that “all aspects of the Australian/NZ aviation scene” included:

Airlines, Airports & Routes; Cabin Crew; Private Flying; Biz Jets & GA; Military Aircrew; Spectators and anything that has wings.
Why do you suddenly and dramatically want to change the rules we have flourished under? Is it because of commercial reasons? If it is I would point out that forcing us to other more general forums could have larger commercial consequence. Since your post I have been approached (and I am sure many others have been as well) by three individuals highlighting other aviation forums that would allow “Dunnunda & Godzone” to continue in its current form. I personally don’t know if these individuals are legitimate or not but it shows quite clearly there are some out there that are willing to steal the business you have painstakingly built up over many years. Please don’t let this happen because of a rash decision made on the spur of the moment.