PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whats the difference?
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2006, 23:13
SIBUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats the difference?

Ive been looking around at various schools for training and theres allsorts of different prices out there but one thing ive noticed is that theres also allsorts if different training periods. Some places I looked at in Canada the training lasts for 3 months and some places I looked at in the UK the training lasts 9 months and costs 3 times as much. Is this because they UK conforms to JAA standards and Canada/America doesnt?

What on earth do they teach in the UK that they dont teach in Canada that lasts 6 months? And also, is it worth it to pay the extra for this? Does this extra 6 months and the resulting qualifications give me more chance of getting a job at the end of it?

The country where I do my training is not really an issue for me. I would really like to do my training outside of the UK and then to work outside of the UK. Especially somewhere like Canada or Alaska.

Can anyone tell me their stories of where they decided to train and how it went and their regrets and stuff they were glad they did? I would love to hear about it. It seems like every country has different standards.

If there was one place in the world that you could do your training at and location and money wasnt a factor in your decission (just quality of training and job prospects at the end if it) where would it be and why?