PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2006, 21:57
RS999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Through to Stage 2

Hi all. Have just registered to this site and have been reading (for hours) through the thread. I applied to CTC Wings (Cadet) programme in July and was accepted through to Stage 2 on 5th September.

I'm currently a Firefighter but really want a change of career. I've always wanted to become a Commercial Pilot since I was about 5 when my Mother worked in Dubai and I flew out there regularly with Gulf Air, Air Lanka, the fledgling Emirates, BA and Cathay Pacific but have always thought that it was financially out of my reach and now that I'm 28, that it was out of my reach on account of my age. Having read through this thread and every last word of the CTC website that is clearly not the case.

I'm booked on the Stage 2 assessment on 13th October 2006 so I may meet some of you there. I'm flying from Prestwick down to Bournemouth on the 12th and staying at the Rylstone Hotel in Bournemouth on the 12th and 13th October so if anyone fancy's a couple of beers on the night of the 13th after the assessment day get in touch and we'll arrange something.

Finally, thanks for all the advice which is given by everyone in this thread, it has been very very helpful. I'm sure I'll still have questions to ask before going to Bournemouth next month though .

Also, good luck to those flying out to Hamilton on the 4th Oct, best wishes