PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ticket Q.: No show = cancel onward flights?
Old 13th Sep 2006, 21:54
LH2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ticket Q.: No show = cancel onward flights?

Greetings. I am hoping some of the airline ground staff who frequent this part of Pprune would be able to offer some guidance on this one.

Say I have this itinerary:

AZ881 TIPMXP / AZ50 MXPBCN / AZ7895 BCNFCO / AZ870 FCOTIP

...which (obviously) is a round trip from Tripoli to Barcelona, fare basis I believe will be YEE3M. Stay in Barcelona will be a few weeks, MXP and FCO are transits.

If I were to miss the MXPBCN leg (having a boarding pass already, if that makes any difference), what would happen to the next two legs, i.e., the return part of the ticket, would they be cancelled? Would there be any way to avoid that?

The reason why I'm considering this course of action is that I'll be making a detour on the way to Barcelona and spending a few days in Bulgaria. The cheapest and most convenient option at the moment seems to be buying a separate, open-jaw ticket MXP-Bulgaria-BCN.

So, I would appreciate any knowledgeable comments on this before I approach my travel agent.

P.S. As for the practicalities of my missing the flight after I've got my boarding pass (they give you it in TIP already), I would obviously be happy to go to the door and tell them not to wait for me (and no checked-in luggage either) so as not to delay anyone unnecessarily.

P.P.S. Apologies if this question sounds a bit confusing. I have tried to be as clear as I could, but this sleep deficit of mine is not helping

TIA.