PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Racism in South African Aviation as a whole
Old 13th Sep 2006, 19:46
Phenomenon

Here we go...

Firstly : I don't think this or any other thread should be locked. Reason being it is now the year 2006 and I think that we have managed to get to a point where free speech is not a crime. And honestly thus far in this thread I can't see any unjustified posts in my opinion.

Secondly : Racism is alive and well not only in South Africa but all over the whole of the dark continent as well as over the globe, and it is definitely not one sided. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not it comes from every race and it is being directed at every race in whatever form. Having said that I'd like to think that even the most racist people in the world have come to a compromise and are making an effort to reduce the effects of past actions. It is a loooong and ongoing process. Keep in mind, Rome wasn't built in a day.

At the moment it is a eye for an eye game. It is now thought that by now disadvantaging the previously advantaged, the balance will be restored??? But how will this effect the next few generations when the tables are just turned? Won't this whole process just start over in reversed order?

Two wrongs don't make a right!

Thirdly : Just because you don't want to talk about it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist as previously said. So if you want to live in your own little world where you think it doesn't exist you have a simple option... DON'T READ THIS THREAD!