PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA/JAA Licence Admin Problems (Applications, Paperwork, etc)
Old 13th Sep 2006, 17:31
Beaver100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Firstly, if you've ever witnessed the way some of the training, (especially the theory exams) has been carried out in other states, you'd see why JAA isnt as hunky dorey as everyone would like. The JAA licence issued in other states are not worth Jack sh1t at all, why else is easy jet currently be employing lots of non UK, JAR licence holders. The reason the UK airlines sometimes request that a pilot should have a UK JAA licence (what they mean by this is, you'll need to convert a non UK to a UK JAA licecnce) is that believe it or not the UK CAA is easier to deal for the UK operator then other NAA's......."

Congratulations on your posting, well that only took 7 hours for the first 'UK licence is in a completely different league than all other licences' post !!

I don't believe you in relation to training in other JAA member states. Do you seriously expect me to believe that all of the dutch pilots, spanish, italian etc etc, for all of the years before JAA were flying for professional european airlines with a licence which in your words was ' worth Jack Shi*' ??

I am sure that your ill informed posting will upset a lot of european training organisations. A JAA licence is a JAA licence. That was the reason for setting up the system in the first place. 'Harmonisation' they called it.

What I was trying to convey in my previous post was that it should be relatively easy for low experience Brit pilots to get jobs in europe with a JAA licence. After all, there are a lot of european pilots here, high time or otherwise because the UK pay more. But if you are a Brit struggling for your first commercial job then you should be able to take your new JAA EUROPEAN LICENCE, and work in those countries where pay is low but experience is available. After all, the national language of Air Traffic is English so you shouldn't really have a problem.

You hit the nail on the head about other NAA's in europe being difficult to deal with. My point was exactly this, why are they so difficult ? and if they are being this way with Brits, then perhaps its high time we did the same in the UK. Obviously if they are so difficult then the JAA system isn't working and in your words is worth Jack Shi* . Protection of the industry for British pilots who have spent thousands on flight training.

You may not like it but the truth hurts