PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 3
Thread: CORK - 3
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2006, 13:35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brian_dromey
Im just guessing here, but a fifth a/c could be deployed to MXP, CPH, FRA, MAN, with the rest of the capacity taking AMS to 2x daily and CDG to 10x weekly? That fifth a/c could also do the fifth LHR run. Any thoughts?
If they bring Nice, Malaga, Alicante and Faro to last Summer's level, that could eat up 7 of the 14 (presumably, although if UK routes are involved, it could be higher e.g. Birmingham 1x daily) available rotations.

My own guess is that Amsterdam would go to 2x daily and that 2 new destinations would be added at 2x weekly.

At that frequency, the more business oriented destinations (Frankfurt & Copenhagen [which is incidentally not served by Aer Lingus from Dublin]) seem unlikely.

I'd be a little surprised if they went for Dubrovnik. It is currently served only 2x weekly from Dublin, so a Cork service would seem dubious.

If I was putting a bet on it, I'd say Riga 2x weekly and Palma 2x weekly as new destinations with the other new rotations providing extra capacity on existing routes.

Then again, on the last expansion I was convinced Riga would be there and Madrid was the only destination I correctly foresaw...