PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 13th Sep 2006, 07:45
popins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geetha

Let me answer your questions one by one:

1) Yes you need to reach 212cms on your tiptoes. During my interview before the first round started (introduction/group round) there was this girl who did her height check. I don't know how she was picked but she was the only who did it at that time. The rest of us did it after the intoduction round. She failed to reach 212cms. I would say she just barely missed it but she was disqualified and did not take part in the introduction n the group discussion.

2)You don't need to know swimming. My recruiter said even if we didn't know swimming we should just say we know. They provide life vest during ditching exercise and so it is not a problem

3) You need to get fillings done if you have cavities. All the dental requirements need to be done at your own expense in your home country. I believe its very expensive in Dubai and so they want you to finish off all this before you come there.

4) Birthmarks if visible in the uniform are not allowed. Yes, i know its not your fault but you are going to be serving passengers. I had this girl with me who made it till the last round and she was brilliant. However, she had a birthmark on her arm and when she showed it to them she was dis-qualified. Again I would say it all depends on the mark...if its small or barely noticeable then it doesnt really matter. In this case, the mark was big and dark brown in color. It looked more like a burnt mark.

Hope this helps a little.