PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - O'Leary v Evan Cullen on RTE1
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2006, 07:15
suasdaguna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to me the programme was the biggest threat to FR's public image in a long time. M O'L had no choice to go on it. As far as he's concerned he was in union heaven in RTE's studio surrounded by union boff's so he had to come out fighting....he was cornered.

What I didnt like about the programme was it was all FR, FR. No mention of split duties in Aer Arann where lates are shoved into earlies or good old Aer Lingus where they work with great regurlarity 6/2/5/1.....their roster pattern I believe is a disgrace but to change. The IAA as Mr Learmount said are fence sitters unlile the CAA. The IAA have only one choice now but to be involved and be more of a hands on regulatory authority....will that happen? no....only when the chain gets broken will it change.

Why were these other airlines not focused on?

As far as the general public percieve the whole programme it's FR only who run sweat shop regimes....not so!

As far M O'L calling Mr Cullen a "failed Aer Lingus pilot" as a parting shot, this was school yard bully boy stuff and I hope Mr Cullen takes O'Leary to task for this great untruth . Mr Cullen does trojan job for IALPA.

Last edited by suasdaguna; 13th Sep 2006 at 07:20. Reason: spelling