PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/O salary with GF?
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2006, 05:15
kingoftheslipstream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Frozen Turtle
Sorry Panama Jack
You are inaccurate again concerning Dubai.
Shopping, including groceries, is significantly cheaper in Dubai compared with Bahrain. Only housing is more expensive in DXB, but if you work for the right airline you will be provided with free A-class accomodation and you do not have to subsidize housing with your basic salary as it is the case in GF.
In addition as an EPC member (EK Pilot Club) you get discounts almost everywhere; restaurants, coffee shops etc. Furthermore you and your partner get free access to several beach, recreational and gym facilities at 5 star hotels.
Do not believe everything you read on PPRUNE about EK/ DXB because it just aint true
Frozen Turtle... you are inaccurate about life in DXB...
"A Class accomodation"?... I don't know where you come from, or what your personal standards are, (these obviously vary), but for our family the accomodation is only just adequate... nothing more. Construction standards are poor, fit and finish are terrible. Today, there isn't enough water pressure to have a shower. All the plumbing leaks, albeit at different times... the wiring is not properly grounded... it is very noisy as we are adjacent to a major thoroughfare...
As for the EK Pilots club, admittedly we get some discounts, and that is nice. However, it is not free. We pay a small monthly fee for ourselves and our family for membership in the EPC. These monies are used by EPC to purchase the discounts. And the discounts only apply to select retailers with whom there is an agreement. Politiclly I am right wing, but the EPC is a very good use of collectivism...
As for free access to the beach clubs... you are incorrect again. That is paid for by the collective dues... Often the EPC membership list is full, and one is turned away from the club. There are stiff fees for guests, for example if you want to bring the friend of your children...
I hope this clarifies these points for you and other Pprune readers.
k-o-t-s