PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army Flying Pay - There may be trouble ahead...
Old 12th Sep 2006, 23:47
RotatingPart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep,

it appears that some bean counters have been looking at the way Glasgow interprets how aircrew qualify for initial, middle, top rates etc of flying pay. As it stands after 3/4 years on the initial rate you move up to the middle rate. If you then qualify as an Aircraft Commander, you move onto Middle rate A/C Comd rate and after 4 years on middle rate you would expect to move up again, and so on....

The bean counter's spin seems to be that this is wrong and that you should go back to initial rate A/C Comd pay and start all over again from there - 4 years at each rate . Basically, you're taking a pay cut for more responsibility. The powers at be are to review the situation shortly and as I understand it, pay offices have been made aware but as yet, have not been told how or if the situation should or is to be resolved or indeed changed from the way it is at present. Does that make sense or am I panicking for nothing?

I fear quite a few of us may be worse off for the sake of some faceless officebod getting a pat on the back for clawing back what to the MOD is small change but to the individual could be the quite a sum of cash. At the very least it's worth asking Glasgow / unit pay office what the latest is

RP