PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 3
Thread: CORK - 3
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2006, 20:02
Charlie Roy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aerlingus summer 2007

Originally Posted by N by NW
Don't know about EI basing a fifth aircraft at ORK. If you book for post March 07 capacity has been reduced on a number of routes (Nice and Rome x2 per week) and no booking option available for Madrid and Lanzarote.
Well, we should be glad really that Nice is at least being reintroduced for next summer, since it disappears for winter.
I'm really surprised that Rome is being reduced!! Rome is one of the most profitable routes from Dublin and Shannon. Are Cork people so indifferent to Italy!!?! It amazes me that the only Cork to Italy scheduled connection next summer will be Cork to Rome with Aer Lingus on Wednesdays and Sundays. (Regarding city breakers etc, I suppose Wednesday and Sunday are as good days as any when compared to Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday ) Up the road in Shannon they can fly to Rome, Milan and Venice

Warsaw is also set to go from 1-3-5-7 to -2-4-6-!
This the last route I expected to see reduced. Are Aer Lingus feeling the pinch since the other 4 new Polish routes have started up? (And the Berlin route is also transporting some Poles I bet). But I think Aer Lingus should fight their ground on Warsaw. -2-4-6- is not very attractive to city breakers and the like, nor the expats for that matter

It's nice to see Heathrow going back up to 5 flights. Only natural too after the reductions from Easyjet and Ryanair on the Gatwick route.

Eitherway, it's early days yet. The schedules aren't finalised as evident by certain routes still being unscheduled, and the schedule could change again before next summer, especially if an extra aircraft is to come our way

Originally Posted by N by NW
Does anybody know if CAA are advertising in counties other than Cork. As it is now in competition with SNN, then it should be targeting Kerry, Limerick and Tipperary to persuade travellers from those counties to fly from ORK. Rather then using glossy photos of the new airport, any campaign should identify routes not served out of SNN such as Madrid, Budapest or Prague together with lowest available fares . The campaign should also draw attention to the fact that Cork based routes fly to a city's main airport thereby saving time and additional travel costs on arrival.
I've driven through Cork, Kerry, Waterford, Limerick and Tipperary over the last few weeks and Cork is the only place I've seen those billboards.
I agree Cork airport should highlight the routes offered when advertising But it would be very difficult for them to selectively highlight certain routes. They would have to advertise all routes equally/proportionally so to avoid complaining by the airlines Not so easy when you think about it...