PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 12th Sep 2006, 19:38
ATCO1987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'we don't make the rules; DfT do and we comply with them' - then if you've got more than 2 brain cells to rub together, why aren't YOU questionning these ridiculous rules and ACTIVELY reporting up the chain.
DfT wont take any more notice of us than they will of any of you, believe you me. Theres many things we'd like to approach the DfT and say "What a load of total bol*o*ks" but we won't get anywhere. I know its frustrating for some of you but its their regulations, the point of my thread is basically dont take it out on the security staff because its not our fault.

Fair enough, BUT I have an airside pass!
I have been cleared to access my rightful place of employment airside, unlatch a 50 ton "missile" and fly it through the ........ air! Full of fuel and pax.
However I try to understand this idiocy which I have to go through every day, I can't.
I should be allowed to take whatever with me to airside, as my pass allows me to.
NO, your pass does NOT allow you to take whatever you want. I suggest you read the pass holder conditions. You are just another person entering the RZ; the difference is you have an RZ pass instead of a boarding pass because you require regular RZ access. I agree, you do have control over the whole aircraft and effectively it is a missle, but you are wrong in what you say regarding being able to take whatever you want.