PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 12th Sep 2006, 19:31
Fool's Hole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATCO1987

Fair enough, BUT I have an airside pass!
I have been cleared to access my rightful place of employment airside, unlatch a 50 ton "missile" and fly it through the ........ air! Full of fuel and pax.
However I try to understand this idiocy which I have to go through every day, I can't.
I should be allowed to take whatever with me to airside, as my pass allows me to.
I have written to the idiots at dft, so far naff all reply!
I am a captain of an aircraft. Not a bloody terrorist. If I was one, I would have done my gruesome deed a while ago, so I don't have to go through this sh*t at the security every day!
Get this - a terrorist would have had enough by now and done the exploding curry/mayonnaise stuff. It's only innocents that get harrassed by security, it's easy pickings and not really security at all.
How many terrorists have you found in your career? None? Then what is it actually you're doing for a living?
It's just a stupid mess and people like yourself should stand up against it and refuse to carry on doing this!
Let us go to work peacefully, or please resign!