PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying an "N" reg with Canadian docs
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2006, 19:14
Panama Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am about to go to bed, unwilling to invest the research, and uncertain of the current status however . . .

About 10 years ago when I last checked the FAA had no objection to you flying an N-registed aircraft in your country of licencing (ie. a Canadian licenced pilot flying an N-registered aircraft in Canada on your Canadian licences). Transport Canada may have held a different position on this.

However, if you were to fly from the US, you need at least a US validation for category, class, and type (if required).

Work permits (and even doing this on a US Private Pilot validation without a US Type Rating) may not be an issue at all, particularly if there is no cabotage involved (the aircraft is simply leaving the US). You should contact an FAA FSDO as they can probably advise you better, particularly if this is a one-time ferry deal.

Originally Posted by Miles Hi
Hi guys, thanks to all for the responses to date.
What I'm talking about is a Canadian crew flying an "N" reg Jet, under Part 91, but with Canadian Licences, Canadian Medicals. The aircraft will fly from the US, however.
Is that allowed?