PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ***warning***
Thread: ***warning***
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2006, 16:40
Charlie Rich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As one of Danny's opening, blanket statements, try this one
one of the main problems facing you Antipodeans when it comes to professional aviation is that you have become too insular. You have come to believe that you are somehow special or so different from everywhere else on earth that you are a special case. Well, perhaps it is time to wake up and smell the coffee
This is coming from a guy who has less than 10 years experience in international airline operations, and who feels he needs to read the "Riot Act" to many of us who have been working offshore - for foreign companies - for way in excess of that time he has accrued.

But then the confusion within his own thinking sets in, with -
Please tell me how can a country with an aviation idustry the size of Australia's warrant such an exclusive forum
Danny, as you made it painfully clear at the outset, PPRuNe is YOUR domain - YOU invented the D & G Forums.

I have met and flown with enough Australian and New Zealand pilots during my career to understand that those of you who have never had to venture outside of your area to fly professionally seem to think that what you do, the problems you face and the environment you fly in are somehow exclusive and different. Well, let me tell you, you need to get out more often and experience how the rest of the world do it.
That "understanding" has been gained by talking with people who were expressing their opinions. The FACT is, Danny Fyne has NEVER worked in Australia for anymore than a brief charter at best.
Having LIVED, and worked full time, in 6 different countries, perhaps I might make the same quip, Danny.
But I won't, because it's a cheap shot, and has no depth.
I HAVE experienced "the rest of the world", and it isn't all that different the whole world over.

Anyway, I'm sick of the back-stabbing, and the cheap shots.
We only divide our ranks further.
Now is the time to consolidate, and act as responsible professionals, putting (relative) minor differences aside, to advance the profession as a whole, rather than trying to advance ourselves - or singular entities - individually.

Charlie Rich

You abviously missed out on the lesson plan marked conflict spiral too...so let me to introduce you to the CRM (Cretin Reactive Moderating) version of a bitch slap.

Last edited by Woomera; 12th Sep 2006 at 16:53. Reason: repeated links to another website