PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ***warning***
Thread: ***warning***
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2006, 15:39
Charlie Rich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of the best things in the world are Australian - Fosters (beer), Tim Tams, the "black box" flight recorder, Rip Curl.....etc.

You, Danny, might like to knock Australians (the Antipodeans) for living in what you consider an "insular" society, but in reality, that is the case with the inhabitants of most countries.
On the other hand, I would hazard a guess that there are probably more Australian pilots working in foreign countries now, than almost any other singular citizenship - the US included.
When Aussie pilots take a job "offshore", it generally entails a minimum of 9 - 10 hours of air travel time from their Australian home to their place of work, whereas you Europeans need travel only 30 minutes, or thereabouts, to discover you are in a "foreign country".
That makes it pretty easy to adapt, because although the language might be different, the cultures are quite similar.
Almost ANYWHERE an Ozmate ventures is guaranteed to be a totally new experience in language, culture, and skin-colouring for us.

WE are an adaptive "race".
I suggest you Poms are not nearly as receptive to change as we have proven ourselves to be - and you, with this topic starter, have once again proven the British NOT to be.

And, for the record, what possible reason was there for the removal of the reference to my site - anotherwebsite.org (replace the "!" with an "I") ?
Do you see THIS Aussie concept as some sort of "threat" to your own PPRuNe?
I don't see PPRuNe as a threat to my website, but rather as 2 sites that are able to co-exist.

Charlie Rich aka Kaptin M
Instigator and proud owner of another website

Edited by Woomera to remove links that may be deemed offensive