PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fast online Notams
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2006, 15:29
Mike Cross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well that will be the end of my site and all the people who tell me they check them now they're easier to check will presumably go back to not checking them.
No reason why it should be. A simple answer would be for you not to handle the data. As far as I can see you won't need to be certified unless you provide the data, so:-

How about you provide software tools that run on the user's PC rather than on your website? The user then downloads the data and uses your tools to display it. This is the approach used by Ian Fallon with Notam Plot.

Alternatively you "go commercial". The CAA seems to be looking at using a very light hand on the tiller here, the main requirements being conformance to some fairly simple standards and an acreditted Quality System. People like AvBrief and Navbox will have to go this route because they process the data themselves.

As I'm sure you appreciate, this is proposed EU legislation. Some might suggest that some of the commercial concerns whose names can be gleaned by studying Eurocontrol's output could be behind it. I couldn't possibly comment.

Mike