PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Package Deals
Thread: Package Deals
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2006, 12:56
dublinpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johngriff,

A lot of people here are jumping to your defence. This may be justified, or it may not be. You haven't provided enough information to make a reasonable opinion.

We are all assuming that the school is totally to blame, but is this the case?

The school can't be blamed for weather cancelations, they are simply a fact of life assuming they are genuine weather cancelations. Even more so over a winter period.

Technical problems with aircraft do happen. Your lessons should not be frequently be cancelled due to weather problems, but one or two in a year might not be unreasonable.

Again the same with instructor availability. Instructors do get sick, or need a day off. One or two lessons cancelled due to this might not be unreasonable.

The real question is, as DFC asked, how many lessons did you book, (or attempt to book with reasonable notice). Deciding on a Wed that you'd like to book a lesson for that Saturday is not likely to be very successful with most schools. How many of these lessons were cancelled by the school?

If you simply booked a lesson for 4 weeks time, then when that came around the weather was bad, and you booked another one for 4 weeks time, then I could well see the possibility of you getting very little airbourne time.

I'm not saying that this is the case in your case, but simply saying that you haven't provided enough information to justify the support that you have been getting on this thread. A contract is a two way thing.....you both have responsibilities and obligations. A little more information my make it easier to see if you have met your own obligations

dp