PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester - 3
Thread: Manchester - 3
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2006, 11:31
doublesix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Manchester Terminal 2.

Having flown through Manchester numerous times over the last 25 years I have just experienced the worst trip ever. Monday 4th September, check in at T2 for the Excel airways flight to Dalaman at 10.30am. Gates 212-216 in use. Downstairs to mingle with arrivals passengers whilst queuing for 1hr 30mins to check in. Clear check in, straight to gate 30 and straight on to bus to plane, B747-300, Air Atlanta. No time to go to duty free. Arrive Dalaman and out of airport with no hassle in 40 mins.
Monday 11th September, check in for return flight. No hassle, bags weighed and security checks done within 40 mins. Arrive Manchester and join long queue to clear passport control in T2. Our queue of 300 to 400 passengers inter mingles with another queue from another aircraft. Terminal air con is off so the place is like a steam room with very irate passengers. Clear passport control in just over an hour. Now I know times have changed and security checks are very necessary, but 3 people checking passports for 500+ passengers at 10pm? I dread to think what it would have been like if it had been a busy time of day. And Manchester wants more flights!!