PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of JAA
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2001, 03:20
Stratocaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question The future of JAA

This topic could also be named "who's going to trash his JAA-membership first ?"

Europeans know how JARs can be a pain in the butt, and every country now part of this very selective "club" (or trying to be part of it) could spend entire days complaining about it and telling how difficult it is to attain and maintain those standards.

But let's go straight to the point: I hear that some CAAs (including "major" ones) are seriously considering leaving the JAA system to go back to their older system, or even to slowly drift toward the FAA system.

This is not pure speculation, this is a rumor. Some CAA officials really said "It's too hard for everybody, let's find something else more efficient, less burocratic, and that also ensures a high level of safety".

Even though I'm not sure why they said that (for what purpose?), I guess it deserves at least a minute to think about it. Would that be possible ? What would be the consequences ? What would happen if a European country decided to follow the FAA ?

So anybody with info on the subject please share it, or simply express your views. BTW, please try to avoid restarting the old "FAA vs. JAA"-war... It's going nowhere.