PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - does cross channel check count as PIUS?
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2006, 22:40
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nuclear weapon,

Did you explain to the CAA that you had paid the "Passenger" to fly in the aircraft with you?

Either this was a training flight or it was public transport.

Illegal public transport is not a good start to a career as a commercial pilot.

Please let us know when you get your instructor rating and tell me then that you will do club checkouts for free!

----------

I love these guys on their way to a commercial job who claim that provided the pilot has the licence and the ratings then they are P1 and the instructor is simply a passenger.

Please explain that one to the training Captain during your line training.

--------

Instructors/ schools need to take note. For club checkouts, include exactly who is P1 in the briefing. If the student does not like the idea then they are not the type of person you want flying your aircraft.

---------

I will always check and sign the logbook entry of the pilot doing a check for any reason. They will be PUT unless it is a Skill test or LPC when it is P1/S provided they pass and PUT if not (even if they have a valid licence at the time!).

Should I sign a PUT entry in a logbook and then it is subsequently changed to P1 or even P1/S then that is clearly falsifying a logbook. Currently about £2000 per line according to the CAA legal dept.

-----------

Perhaps the unfortunate person at the CAA who told you that incorrect piece of information also checked with the instructor that they did not claim P1 also. After all one can not have two P1s at the same time in a SEP or the average light MEP.

Regards,

DFC