PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair
Thread: Loganair
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2006, 19:34
planeshipcar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight training is definately not returning to the days of the good old BA sponsorship and a like and it is a great shame.

I am willing to pay for a type rating when I can find the money, sorry if I annoy god knows how many, but at the same time have my reservations on pilot pay.

Let's face it the airlines have it easy these days - ok may be a few problems in place with terroism. They are low budget, don't have to worry about the thrills anymore for short flights - hey no cooked meal - no free drinks etc, no paying for pilot training or even cabin crew training with some airlines. They are really bringing in the bucks as to yesterday.

One has to ask the question, if the pilots are prepared to put themselves in upto to £70+ worth of detb for the airlines profits. You'd hope the airlines would give back slightly more in the way of salary 'fair's fair', although business is not fair. For instance, if Loganair now wants all there FOs to pay for the type rating, they could at least say that the annual salary will rise from 22K per year to 24K, it's marginal and they are in profit to previous years.

I know people may think this is a dead end argument, but it would be really nice to see this attitude applied. It may take the sting out of a lots of peoples throats. Sames goes with Ryanair, their pay is good after a few years, but that first year is sickening for people with loans to pay off. I am someone who can see the long term investment and will consider Ryan, but at the same time I don't think it is pruely fair. **** happens, struggle through!