PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - does cross channel check count as PIUS?
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2006, 14:59
nuclear weapon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I'll like to clarify again. I already had my ppl licence when I decided to do the checkout just before i started my hour building. We took a 172 a fellow ppl holder and one of the fto's instructor. I did the flying outbound and the other guy flew it back.
He never once touched the controls all he did was showed us directions when we got there and walked to town.I guess it wasn't his fault as he was following the club rules.He built up his hours rapidly and Lucky for him as he now flies citations for a corporate outfit.
The main reason I asked initially was that I was about to send my log book to the caa for my cpl licence issue with 102.5 hrs p1 and I put the cross channel check as p1 and wanted to confirm with them and you guys(ppruners) if it was ok. I did not want them coming back to me to tell me that I needed to do some more hours.I was told that as long as the check was satisfactory and I was in control throughout and also allowed to go by myself afterwards it was P1. Well now I have my frozen atpl and now a different sort of problem.