PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Cadetship
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2006, 11:32
444redirtej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas Cadetship

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask if anyone could give me some advice. I got the contact number from someone who apparently runs apptitude type training. I know it is quite expensive, but I have applied for the qantas cadetship for next year, so if I can better my chances, or even guarantee myself a spot on the program for next year, why not pay several hundred dollars? I have just been given the opportunity to go up to sydney and do their testing, I got the letter yesterday, I'm so excited, but scared at the same time, its great that the first and possibly the hardest part is out of the way.

One other thing, I know a friend of a friend who's brother did the level 2 cadetship (either in Melbourne or Adelaide, I'm not sure) this year, and he and 4 other received letters saying that they were not going to be offered a regional placement. Can anyone verify this for me? It really would be great to do the cadetship, but I wouldnt really want to do it, and then have to go to the bush anyway to fly little planes, i dont think I would enjoy that so much!

I also heard from that same person that one of the cadets is going to PNG to fly for a small airline, now that would be coooool.

Thanks for your time guys!

ciao

redirtej