PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 2
Thread: Flybe - 2
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2006, 12:34
javier.mjv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,
I think BE is planning quite odd things for this winter season, amongs others, with regards to MJV routes.
When the winter timetable was released they directly cancelled EXT and NWI routes for the winter. I do understand their decision with regards to NWI,as it has been a new route this year and loads have been around 100 pax/flight and obviously in winter people do not travel as often as during summer months.
With regards to EXT, they started the route in NOV05 three times a week with 737, which is a bit too much for the winter and had to cancell some flights during jan and feb, but when they resumed the flights in April, with a 112 seater loads have been over 105 all the time. I did expected they would continue the route at least once a week from nov.
BHX and SOU had been left with tow and once weekly frequencies respectively. Bookings on the BHX route, as usual, had been going extremely well (some of their flights nearly full even two months in advance) and now suddenly they have totally pulled the route after two months of sales.
Does anybody know what the reason for that is?
Does anybody if they will resume the routes again in March or will BE definitely leave MJV, as they have got most their required slots at ALC?
Regards