PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RATW copy
Thread: RATW copy
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2005, 13:51
BlenderPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to pick up a new Bell 407 built by Geneva Aviation/Helinet, interesting machine, and fun 2,600 mile flight home, got the helicopter with 34.5 hours and now after the ferry flight and the Microwave testing it has almost 80 hours on it. Here are some pictures.

The first fully capable High Definition ENG helicopter in outside the United States, and the 5th in the world!

I wonder if they heard I was coming?
Picked up the helicopter at Boeing Field, had to do the acceptance flights by flying up and down the Boeing Field runway since the field was less than VFR min.

Just before long flight home began, getting out of Seattle was difficult due to all the airspaces in the area and WX, had to depart under SVFR which is never nice if you are unfamiliar with the area.

I like this view because I will be able to tell right away if the boom falls off.

Still only a few miles from the Seattle area

Landed for fuel in Napa, and then went by the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.

Refuelling in the middle of nowhere, Blythe California, not to far from here the controller had us vectored to give some room for a U2 spyplane to launch near Edwards AF, it went right in front of us like a rocket.

Ever seen these radar blimps? They are held to the ground by cables and they just sit there at 12,000 feet!

Sand dunes in Chihuahua Mexico.

Showing it off to the girls at the hangar, Cinthya and Liliana.

Finally at its home pad at 8,100 FT