PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RATW copy
Thread: RATW copy
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2004, 02:05
Phoenix Rising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was going through my slides and have picked out a few various ones to post, as well as some info on where they are.

Bell 206L being used as an air attack ship on the Canberra fires. Note the fire reflection on the front.

This was taken holding the camera outside the 206L facing backwards as we were low level through the smoke heading to find a dozer driver who was supposed to be cutting a fire break.

This is the forward facing shot, gives a unique effect don’t you think.

Another forward facing shot, this time in a landscape format.

This is one of the Bell 204s being flown by Tim Turner during the Canberra fires. I think about two houses were saved in this suburb, and it obviously wasn’t these ones.

This one was shot 120 miles out into the Tasman Sea. Shows Hamilton Island Aviations Bell 430 sitting atop one of the big ships that comes in through the reef. For info I was shooting from a 206L.

Same location and shot from the other end. As you can see they are quite a decent size.

Just an artsy shot of a 407 tailrotor. This was Hawker Pacific’s demo machine that was visiting Hamilton Island at the time of my visit.

Playing around with various framing techniques and liked this one of two Bell 206s framed by the 407 tail.

These are two of the eight EC130s operating in New Zealand. These two were shot over Auckland harbour. Always fun shooting into the suns reflection on the water, gives you some cool results.