PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Over for Aer Lingus in Four Weeks as BA Gives Thumbs Down to Investment
Old 27th Nov 2001, 22:36
Flight_Finder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Members,

Yield is the priority. In fairness over the past couple of years, yield management has held the figures pretty well. I know from the amount of times I've checked into flights that most of them were in an oversold state and with pretty decent fares. The weak ones into Heathrow were early morning with the prorates onwards to the States in particular. This has now been stopped with the first few flights in the morning restricted to normal fares.
ON the US. LAX appears to have lowish loads with JFK staying pretty strong from both Shannon and Dublin. I would imagine, Italy and Germany hold decent yields, they certainly hold high fares with the lowest on Rome at the moment over £250iep.
EI needs to contract while the Irish economy is doing it's current thing. Consumer's are starting to spend again after last months list of job cuts, so it all remains to be seen if they spend on travel or not.

Slan Leat

FF
[img]null[/img]