PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Slot times and Stars in Darwin
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2006, 03:55
celeritas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have got to be f****ing kidding me!!! Darwin has a TMP!!! This has got to be the funniest joke I have heard in a long while. What 90000 (and I am sure this is generous) moves a year and your issuing slot times - I guess a lot has changed over the years!! RAAF needs to pull its head out of its a***e and have a reality check and see how things are done in different places and maybe different countries. RENURPP you are correct if the STAR ends in a published approach procedure then that is the only procedure that can be flown unless the STAR is cancelled. You cannot clear someone for a VOR approach via the STAR if the VOR approach is not part of the STAR. As for an expectation of a visual approach - it is just that an ATC expectation that you will get visual and be able to conduct a visual approach. Nothwithstanding such an IFR aircraft has the right to conduct the published IFR approach irrespective of the weather conditions (taking into account minimas and such things). RTB RFN you are missing the point here. You were a very good controller and you moved stuff in and around DN efficiently, safely and expeditiously back in the 90's but it sounds like the efficient and expeditious flow of traffic has taken a back seat. Maybe the equipment that they have up there isn't as good as it was supposed to be - that and the fact that anyone with a heartbeat in RAAF ATC over the last few years has moved on to other things!!!