PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ***warning***
Thread: ***warning***
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2006, 00:13
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have met and flown with enough Australian and New Zealand pilots during my career to understand that those of you who have never had to venture outside of your area to fly professionally seem to think that what you do, the problems you face and the environment you fly in are somehow exclusive and different. Well, let me tell you, you need to get out more often and experience how the rest of the world do it.
That to me sums it up in a nice concise nutshell. As a NZer who has flown in NZ, OZ, and now the UK....it goes against my Kiwi instinct to agree with Danny on this, but my experience tells me otherwise.
Us antipodeans are no bloody different to anyone else, if you think we are, then perhaps its time you took another view at the world

Over the past couple of years I've been fortunate enough to have a bit to do with the PPrune team, and I've been benefited from their guidance and generosity. As a result of this, and perhaps because of this..each time I've read a post In D & G that is quite clearly ignorant, insular, or worse..I've tried to throw a little balance (and humour) into the mix.
So I say to all you doubting thomas's,critics,mud-slingers and other disgruntled D & G contributors...give this a chance...we all face the same issues..we all share an interest in aviation (of many kinds)...and after all is said and done, its a big world out there

Cheers

H