PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ryanair that bad??
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2006, 21:10
SXB
Riding the Euro Gravy Plane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can anyone give a good reason why RYR should not charge for training
after all they dont go and drag you in off the street you have to make
the first move and apply
Daz, one of the most important values of any organisation is the treatment and worth of their staff, the view of many such organisations is that investment in it's employees is an investment in the company, in fact most professional companies pride themselves on their ability to provide comprehensive training to improve and widen the prospects of employees, this is good business sense. In addition, once you have established yourself as a high quality employer you attract better quality candidates, therefore allowing you to increase the quality of your product further.

I don't know if you manage people, I do and I can tell you it's very difficult. I also manage a large operating budget and I can tell you managing people is a lot harder. My organisation doesn't have a large turnover of staff because we have an established policy of 'taking care' of our employees, If one of my staff has a problem then so do I and so does my boss because that affects our end product. Management is all about recruiting the right people, getting them to do what you want effectively and then keeping them, it isn't about saving a couple of thousand euros on day one because good employees are long term.

With regard to this particular policy of charging for training what about RYR paying the costs of those who are successful and then putting something in their contracts saying if they leave within XX number of months it has to be repaid ? this is a little more common in todays world and infinitely more reasonable.