PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 9th Sep 2006, 19:02
zorab64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think I've seen so much righteous anguish on any thread before. Can we possibly spare a thought for the real losers - the families who would have been being informed of the sad news as you typed your pathetic vitriolic tirade against the media? As Col Mustard may remember, the Falklands MoD "spokesperson" (Mr McDonald?) managed to feed the world with the information that the Argie bombs weren't fused correctly - so no real change in MoD competence in the last 24 years then! If you can't fire your weapons at the right target, don't fire them at all.
(As we were trying not to get shot down or blown up in San Carlos Water at the time, I'm glad we didn't find out about this incompetence until after it was all over.)
While it's interesting that the first mention of possible cause didn't appear until P5 (Brain Fade), reddeathdrinker should read ASRAAM's later post - whilst the speculation may not be to your liking, it's been part of pprune since long before you joined the website, and often ends up being as accurate as the BOI, only a year or so beforehand! (That's not criticism of the BOI by the way).
Don't forget that this was a Tri-service loss and even if the non-RAF were just "along for the ride", how devastating must the news have been for their families? For our tomorrows, they all gave their todays - R.I.P.