PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 9th Sep 2006, 17:59
FJJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For heaven's sake can we stop all these silly theories. For 'mechanical failure' read 'technical fault'. The BoI will establish just what happened and their findings will be published eventually - it's going to take months rather than weeks. I wouldn't mind betting that they have by now got a fair idea of WHAT happened, but WHY it happened is what's going to take the time.

Cost cutting is unlikely to be involved, so let's not go down that path - any complex piece of machinery is likely at some stage or another to suffer a major failure. In this case it proved catastophic.

I don't belive there was any kind of cover up. Nor do I believe the Special Forces were directly involved.

ALL members of the fated crew have had their photos published in various papers - it is just that the Kinloss PR people got the photos to the MOD and thus the media as a single batch. That was headline stuff for the media. The Soldier and RM's photos came from different sources and were published subsequently.

I am sure it would be helpful to the guy and gals on the Nimrod fleets if the speculation was canned and let them get on with their lives and tasks.

If for no other reason than to stop the families from hurting any more than they are at present.