PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Over for Aer Lingus in Four Weeks as BA Gives Thumbs Down to Investment
Old 25th Nov 2001, 16:16
waffler

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

As an a Aer Lingus employee I feel I have to reply to this as all I have read since the original posting has been mostly drivel for such an important topic.While it is true that Aer Lingus is going through a difficult time I believe we will emerge as a strong and profitable airline as a lot of the government imposed fat will be trimmed away and proper managment will be in place.Unfortunately it took the events of Sep.11 to highlight what years of profit were hiding.
That line about the staff burning down the building was given by some union **** to try to increase the redundency package and even he knows that it will not happen.The employees will accept the changes required and the company will emerge leaner and fitter in 2002 not as a sub division of British Airways but as an Irish airline.
While I cannot predict the future all the ingredients are there for this outcome.
So please, no more doom and gloom about Aer Lingus It is not Sabena, it is in a much stronger position and will survive.
P.s. let the Gov. post what he wants sometimes he is right even if some people dont want to hear it.