PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ryanair that bad??
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2006, 17:24
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by daz211
So if cc are leaving in there droves why is there no problem
with flight canx you would think going by "tangos" standards
that they would have to canx about 3 flights a day at each base
but no and yet they announce new routes almost on a weekly
basis your statement does not make sence
I have said there's a huge turnover of staff. I didn't say they do not have enough staff. My statement makes perfect sense, even considering their opening new routes every week.

Most of the latest aquisitions are people from eastern europe, they are on a different contract than the old original FR contract and are paid peanuts for working maximum hours. Most of the people who apply for FR cabin crew see it as a stepping stone and leave after a year (if they resist that much).
Now I know that it depends on bases, however STN for what they have told me (friends and colleagues ex-FR emplyees) is the worst.

Their recruiting is ongoing and in case you didn't know that, cabin crew have to pay for their own training. Expenses can be as much as 3,000 Euros.

The workforce's conditions might have nothing to do with whether passengers like FR or not, however as a cabin crew myself I am appalled by the t&c that FR gives to their employees and I am not surprised that they have such a huge turnover of staff.

Nothing more, nothing else.

FBW