PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advantages and Disadvantages of being CC
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2006, 07:23
MNBluestater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Working for the same company

Originally Posted by amowers
Hey guys, I will be starting (hopefully, I am waiting for the approval of my medical exams) with Emirates next month. My husband and I were both selected. Has anyone been in a similar situation? I know this is going ot be hard, but its one of both of our dreams and I think it will be great doing it together but I am afraid that there wont be a ´together´anymore. What do you guys think?
It will be hard only if there are children at home and no one to take care of them. Your children will be very dissatisfied with parents who are not there for them.

If the relationship is strong you both can survive it. Is he true to you? Are you true to him ? You will be apart a great deal, and there is always temptation to stray, there is no doubt about that. But you may get enough seniority eventually to bid the same work schedules together.

One word of caution: you both work for the same company. That's fine if the company is strong and doesn't go into bankruptcy--it's awful if it has financial problems. Be prepared to "bring your job home with you;" you guys may have to avoid talking about work while at home.

The airline industry is fickle, VERY sensitive to economic ups and downs, fuel expenses and management that can make terrible financial mistakes (expanding too rapidly or buying too many aircraft).