PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ***warning***
Thread: ***warning***
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2006, 02:57
Tidbinbilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

I can't help feeling that Woomera has gone crying to the boss man that people were ganging up on him, hence the reason for this thread.
Absolutely incorrect. Danny has in fact left these forums more or less alone for several years now, under the watchful eye of the Woomera team. We collectively have given these forums a pretty easy run by all standards. Perhaps too easy considering the liberty some people take. Danny wants things tightened up. So be it.

As for crying to the boss. Please....We can look after ourselves, thank you very much

You're free to do with your membership as you wish tlf. That includes leaving if this site no longer fills your needs. One thing's for sure. The owner sets the rules and the moderators will apply them. If that upsets a few people, then that's the way it is.

As for censorship, see above. Some people here think that just because they hide behind an anonymous identity they can say whatever they want with impunity. D&G has been closed at least once as a result of libellous or slanderous posts. I've lost count of how many times legal action has been threatened against Danny by numerous individuals. Yet in spite of this, he has left these forums open. That has largely been as a result of the Woomera working in the background trying to keep things on an even keel.

PPRuNe is not a place of free speech, no matter what you might think your "rights" are. If you want to maintain your anonymity, DON'T post defamatory statements! Then we won't need moderators!

I draw your attention to the Ten Thingies at the top of these pages.