PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2006, 01:31
seektofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok... Im awake

Hi guys!

I am still here on this Saturday morning.

FYD - don't worry, that phone will ring I promise (and I am guessing it will be within the next 2 weeks) I think they will either call you this week OR wait until September 18 Ground School is going on before they call you with a start date. Perhaps they are still working out a start date and can't tell you yet when it will be. Power of positive thinking is amazing!
They called me the day after the medical, but then again, everyone's experience with "that phone call" is different.

NJSBOI, well done with the uniform. I hated going for my uniform fitting and what was even worse is that during training school, all you tend to do is eat lollies and junk food, and not exercise (as time is very limited with all the studying) - so everyone I chatted to ended up putting on a couple of kilos. Oh there was one girl who actually stressed out soooo much that she lost weight instead! It wasn't me. No - God no, I put on a couple of kilo's.

In answer to some of your questions about the hotels, I have so far stayed in the hotel at Sydney (which is near Kings Cross) - it is a nice hotel, but very close to Kings Cross... and there is a Supermarket right across the road which is really handy but I am not sure about crossing the road at night time alone as you are in Kings Cross.... It is a 4 and a half star hotel... but did I mention it was in Kings Cross???????????

The hotel at the Gold Coast is a really nice one and a block behind the beach front, and you get a balcony which faces out onto the beach. It is beautiful and I am still kicking myself that I went to sleep upon arrival. My room had a nice corner tub (I think you could squeeze 2 people in there... but it was just me and I had plenty of room!! ) I thought "well, I missed out on my beach walk, so I will have a bath instead". Well you know what? It wasn't such a bad idea. I felt sooooo relaxed afterwards and it carried over until the next day. My feet felt sooooo good (as usually they are still throbbing from being on my feet all day the day before.) Definitely a consideration if you have a tub in your room. You also get 25% discount in the restaurants and room service - so my meal which was meant to be $14.00 came to $10.50 (which I think is pretty good).

Anyway, I am sorry I didn't get to finish off the last day of my 3 day trip, but I can finish it off now.

Virgin Blue Online Training. Week 1. Day 4. Thursday September 7, 2006. 3 Weeks Exactly until my birthday.

Yes, it is 3 weeks today until my birthday. OMG I am getting old!
Today is the last day of my very first trip.

This morning my wakeup call arrived at 3.45 am. I slowly got out of bed and pottered around the hotel room trying to wake up. It was still dark outside, but I opened the sliding door to the balcony and I felt a really light sea breeze, which wasn't cold. I left the balcony door open while I went into the bathroom to start getting ready for work.

We were getting picked up from the hotel (which is located between broadbeach and Surfers) at 5.00am. I met the rest of the crew downstairs at 4.55am. Everyone was surprisingly quiet, and because I had a decent amount of sleep the night before, I felt quite good (considering what time it was).

The mini bus arrived to pick us up and take us to the airport. We arrived at the airport at around 5.20 am. There wasn't much traffic on the road at that time of the morning, and we signed in at 5.30am.

We travelled from Coolangatta to Melbourne, (and we had a 2 hour wait in Melbourne) then from Melbourne to Sydney and then from Sydney to Melbourne.

During my 2 hour wait in Melbourne, I went into the uniform shop (Uniform Hangar) to order 2 name badges for myself. I lost my name badge during the trip, so I ordered 2 - just in case.

The flights were good. That first flight from the Gold Coast to Melbourne, we had a guest who had had a huge night the night before and just reeked of alcohol. He had a panic attack on takeoff and when the seatbelt sign went off, the passenger next to him called us (and she was no relation to him) and she told us that he was afraid of flying and I think the alcohol made it 10 times worse. We put him on oxygen, but then we let him lie down and he seemed to be ok - we kept going up to him and chatting to him to get his mind off things, and that seemed to work .

Other than that the Melbourne to Sydney and Sydney to Melbourne flights were good, and I had some idea of what I was doing.

Tomorrow (Sunday) I am off again for a 4 day trip. First night in Coolangatta again and the next two nights in Sydney. My sign on tomorrow morning is 8.20 am, so not tooo bad. I get into the Gold Coast tomorrow night at 5pm so I am thinking I might be too late for a beach walk, but I will definitely have a soak in the tub again!

Tonight I am going to a family party at a reception center for my cousins Confirmation. It should be good, but I will be saying goodbye at around 11 pm. I need my beauty sleep! (Gawd, I need more than beauty sleep, I need a magic wand!!!)

Anyway guys, tomorrow night I will make another entry from the computer at the hotel in Coolangatta that I used the last time I was there. I don't know about Sydney, but I will try to find a computer there too. Have a great Saturday, and you never know, I might just pop in this afternoon to see what is going on in here!

Until next time, Take care,

STF

PS: I must have taken a loooonnnnnnggg time to write that entry, so I missed the next two entries made. My trainers were both Male and Female. If you get a male trainer who will train you for Emergency Procedures, and his initials are G.H, then ask him does he really eat off the carpet... LOL - he will definitely know where that one came from!!! (as I made it up!)

Last edited by seektofly; 9th Sep 2006 at 01:36. Reason: I wanted to answer a question I missed.