PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 9th Sep 2006, 01:08
SmokeAndNoise

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
False sense of security?

Today I was forced to check in my "ace-case" in LGW because it's about 1 cm too thick for the new measures. Great. Having already spent 50 min in the check-in queue I was just delighted to spend another 30 min in the "fast baggage check-in" queue. I was told it was for my own safety - which made me feel a lot better... ...Then some 20 minutes of queue to get through security with no shoes on my feet and a nice full body massage.
By the way, I've had the exact same case with me in and out of LHR, LTN, MXP, RMI and CPH after the terrorist scare with no problems what so ever..

I think you need to be of British origin to really understand what's going on in LGW.

For my part it makes me wonder what's to stop me from just stuffing a detonator and 300 grams of c4 up my "behind" and just walse through security with a (perhaps slightly painful looking) smile on my face??

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about the "security" situation at the moment, but really: How are you going to stop someone who's willing to die for "the cause" in the long run?