PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ***warning***
Thread: ***warning***
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2006, 00:12
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
A1, go ahead and do what you like. It's Danny's forum, as he says, he pays the bill. However it doesn't change my point of view, which is that Pprune will be poorer for it.

You make your own argument however:

I hope this marks the beginning of pilots sticking together as currently there are many concerning decisions being made by higher powers regarding pay and conditions.
Given the ignominious and continuing failure of pilots as a group to address these matters successfully (as evidenced in Pprune itself), I would suggest that your comment:

if professional pilots have questions they want answered that fall outside the dununnda forums, they can ask them in many of the other forums available.
Is incorrect. Pilots never seem to ask anyone anything, and therein lies a very large part of your wages and conditions problem, as I am sick and tired of explaining. I have a great deal of sympathy for professional pilots, but driving a wedge between various chunks of the aviation community is not going to help your cause.

To put it yet another way; The precise and infinite distinctions between pilots on the basis of race, tribe, caste, rank and pecking order are the achillies heel of professional pilots, as evidenced by twenty five years of industry tumoil. Don't make any more distinctions please lest you totally alienate everyone else.

I know its great for the ego to be part of an exclusive group, but you never know when even the lowly "Spotter" that most of you so contemptuously dismiss is going to provide a crucial bit of evidence or the casting vote somewhere that it counts - and since truth is stranger than fiction, I'm not joking.

Last edited by Sunfish; 9th Sep 2006 at 00:39.