PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Learners ?
Thread: New Learners ?
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2006, 23:55
runway09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello East Sider / All

I am on to about 8 hrs now and progressing nicely - so my instructor says.

Like you I am going to be taking my Air Law exam 1st and I am working on reading my Law book as much as possible. This is so I have no delays in going up for my 1st solo. I know we are going to be doing circuits over next lessons and then thinking about that solo

I know what you mean about landings! Getting up is fine its coming back down again. But on my last lesson my instructor decided to talk me down the approach and before I knew it (after a small balloon) I had landed the thing!

The best thing - and I am no expert here I have found its just small adjustments in attitude and power that work for me. From what I remember I have been told as soon as I cross the runway threshold to idle the power and keep a straight and level and then a gentle pull back should do it (this worked last time and I had a gentle landing). I am learning in a PA28.

I know the airport I am learning at (Filton, Bristol) is not the best as its so bloody long and wide that the perception is very different to most other runways, which could cause me probs in the future (only ever landed at Filton).

I have a few lessons booked but next time I get to the school think im going to get some more booked up (Its getting addictive!). I have my medical booked for 2nd Oct.

As for ground school I am thinking this may be the way for me because whenever I set some time by for study this goes out the window, whereas if pay for some tuition then I will def want to go and get my moneys worth!
I have brought a PPL confuser as advised and this helps a bit.

Last edited by runway09; 9th Sep 2006 at 01:56.