PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ***warning***
Thread: ***warning***
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2006, 23:17
OpsNormal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunfish, there are times I agree with what you say (quietly), and then again there are other times you are so wide of the mark, pompous and patronising it isn't funny (like now).

My joined date here may say sometime "this century", however I can assure you I've been here since just after PPRuNe was an email ring (1996). The difference in the mood here nowadays is like chalk and cheese, and in fact I would put much of the angst down here these days to spotty little wannabees or kiddies with daddy's money and computer getting on here playing bigshot know-it-all.

The rot really started with the 10 year anniversary '89 thread where many tempers became very frayed. From that point on it seems that it became "accepted behaviour" to ridicule and belittle and generally act and post like smug anonymous mummy's boys and girls. You've come in somewhere along the line Sunfish and it seems that you value your opinion just as much as many of those mummy's boys and girls.

Wow, you've been on a couple of boards, so what? Does that make you better or more knowledgeable about his/her craft than a professional pilot? I know my post looks outwardly like it derides you Sunfish, but look at it this way: Do you just invite friends to a party (because you know them and for the most part they will behave), or do you invite the whole of Melbourne (or wherever you live), so that thay can come to your place and continually fight and trash the joint?

Now can you see where this is all coming from? There is more than enough room in PPRuNe for well informed persons (not neccessarily working at the coalface of the industry), just not the dickheads. I know I for one get cranky with stupid and moronic questions and behaviour and I guess Danny has just called "enough". Good on him and Rob I say, fair enough too.

100% support here.

OpsN.